Many people don't realize that Spray Pal is a WAHM business. Up until just a few weeks ago, I was actually a 2nd grade teacher, and had been teaching since 2001. When our son was born 3.5 months prematurely and spent 7 months in the NICU, I had to take quite a bit of time off, and I never went back full time. I was fortunate enough to share a contract with another teacher so I could spend the other half of my week attending doctor appointments and therapy sessions with my son as well as spend time with my daughter.
The Spray Pal was actually invented before he was born, when my daughter was 6 months old and first started solids...but the word didn't really get out until about a year later while our son was still in the NICU. It was quite a balancing act for the following 2 years or so, splitting time between raising my two kids, teaching part time, and running the Spray Pal business. This is why we are so thankful to all of our customers who have supported us on this journey, because it quite literally allowed me to stop teaching and focus on my family and Spray Pal, which was such a necessary change. As much as I love teaching, I need to be home.
Because we are so thankful to all the parents who help spread the word about Spray Pal on a daily basis, we have teamed up with The Mama Journey blog to bring you a giveaway that will showcase some other great WAHM small businesses and their products. We know that much like us, most small businesses can't afford to do major advertising, and the best way to get their name out there is by word of mouth. Social media is such a great tool for this, so we're using our blog to help spread the word! We hope that we can introduce you to some great new brands as we spread the small business love.
I'm sure many of you have probably seen the quote that starts out like this:
"When you buy from a small mom or pop business, you are not helping a CEO buy a third vacation home.
You are helping a little girl get dance lessons, a little boy get his team jersey, a mom or dad put food on the table, a family pay a mortgage, or a student pay for college." -unknown
Gender stereotypes aside, this quote is really very important and it gets shared quite often, which is great! But, the more the same words get shared, the more we sort of tune it out and skim it over. So, I'd like to create one specific for me, so that you'll know how real and true this is, and you can see the benefit to spending your hard earned money with a small, WAHM business. Here's ours. It only needed a few minor adjustments:
We truly do appreciate our customers and your amazing support. Sure it's cliché, but we wouldn't be where we are today without you. We hope that this giveaway will help more people realize how important it is to support small businesses and shop locally when possible. :) Please check out the WAHM business sponsors and show them some love for their participation and donation of some amazing prizes!
1. Brandalion Boutique: The mom behind this one, also a fellow teacher, actually sent my son a custom pair of shoes to match the theme and colors of his 2nd birthday and they are absolutely adorable. Check out her Etsy shop at www.etsy.com/shop/brandalionbeads
2. KMChase Designs: This is a WAHM of two boys under two who is a veteran of the US Coast Guard! She is CPSC compliant and runs her small business out of California. She loves doing custom orders! She also has an Etsy shop here: www.etsy.com/shop/kmchasedesigns
3. Truly Charis: This is another CPSC compliant mom who specializes in cloth diapers. You can place an order directly through her Facebook page or join her Facebook group here: www.facebook.com/groups/trulycharis
4. Binky Monster: Adorable handmade blankets, binky clips and more! She is based out of California and also does custom orders.
5. Wooly Booly Designs: This WAHM makes all sorts of handy items from cloth wipes to wool dryer balls. Check out her Facebook page for ordering info!
6. Growing Hearts Doula Services: This is a multi-talented WAHM. She's a Doula in addition to making beautiful nursing necklaces and nursing pads! Check out her Facebook page for more info :)
7. SheriePie Designs: Cloth diapers, crib rail covers, blankets and more! Check out this adorable shop from SheriePie Designs :)
8. More Than My Next Breath: This WAHM hand carves adorable rubber stamps. The prize will feature the very smart and handy "Child Phone Number Stamp" which allows you to stamp your little one's arm with a spot to write in your phone number just for added safety and peace of mind for days you take the kids to crowded events. Check out her Etsy shop HERE to see more of her cute creations!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
This giveaway is in no way endorsed or sponsored by Facebook. I was not compensated in any way by any of the businesses involved. My son did receive a pair of shoes as a gift from one of the businesses for his birthday. All views are my own. Giveaway is open to US only and the winner will have 48 hours to respond via email to claim their prize. Winning entries will be verified. Thanks!