Saturday, July 29, 2017

8 Cloth Diaper Mishaps & Near Misses (Why You Can Never Have Too Many Wet Bags!)




Ok, guys. Be honest. Has this ever happened to you? 

This one time we took mini Spray Pal 1.0 camping in cloth diapers (this was way back, before 2.0 was even a twinkle in my eye). I had actually just started using cloth, and I wasn't the expert I am today. My big mistake that trip was I didn't bring enough wetbags or pail liners to last the weekend...so toward the end of the trip when I was looking for something waterproof to store her dirty diapers, I thought I'd just use some plastic grocery bags we had brought along to recycle as dog poop bags/trash bags. 

BIG MISTAKE. HUGE!! 

Those of you who have been following us for a while know that my husband is the big cleaner of the family. Constantly cleaning, that guy is. He's honestly TOO efficient. 

Well, you may have guessed it by now, but let's just say those grocery bags full of my precious cloth diapers never made it home with us and I was so sad about it. In one of his cleaning frenzies at the campsite, he (understandably) assumed they were full of trash or dog poop and tossed them out. 
Thus began my extensive collection of wetbags and pail liners. You can never have too many, I say! 

We asked if any of you have had a loved one throw a cloth diaper away and some of these stories made us want to cry for you, some made us sigh with relief and a few made us scratch our heads!



I'm still sad about it- it was the Thirsties NAIO exclusive from Kelly's Closet; the one with the kites. I loved that diaper so much. Nope- it's gone.  I actually think my 6 year old threw that grocery bag away when I asked her to help me. Blahhh. My fault. Still sad. Lol -Amanda C.
Out of habit I once threw a cloth diaper in the trash can at a restaurant but luckily I remembered pretty quickly and saved it. I definitely need to invest in a second going out wetbag. It seems like with two in cloth now it's always being washed and not available when needed. Or we are gone for too long in a day and between the two of them I need another bag. -Halee B.
My husband threw one out while I was at work one day. And I lost a really cute one... No clue where! Probably in the great land of lost things right next to 4yo newish sneakers! -Amy T.
I'm not sure what has happened to them, but I have at least ten missing diapers. I'm not sure if I've packed them in a bag to take somewhere and misplaced the bag or if I've lost them here and there over the last year and a half. I just know that my diaper stash is at least ten short from what I've bought. It's pretty sad. -Rachael R.
I just lost a pail liner, small wet bag, and at least one cover. Flew off my balcony while drying and I didn't notice some were missing in the newborn stupor. I got clothes pins and now anchor everything on the line dryer since it's often windy where we live. -Martha S.
We somehow lost a Blackberry GroVia shell and insert. I have no idea if I left it somewhere, if daycare gave it to someone else/threw it out, or what.  All wet bags have been accounted for. -Julie C.
Lost a clean wet bag in my own house for an entire year. Cried over it more than once. My dad found it after we moved. I felt really dumb as it had gotten stuck under the changing pad on the changing table.... -Kelly D.
Yes, my husband bagged up a limited edition Grovia my son pooped in and tossed it by accident and realized two days later! Yuck, I had a terrible time getting the stink out after we picked it out of the garbage. -Kelly H.
Have you ever had a cloth diaper go missing?

No comments:

Post a Comment